Are u looking for some healthy but still very tasty chocolate cakes? How about a beetroot chocolate cake? Now you’re wondering what does the beetroot do in a cake. I’m sure for most people, not the favourite vegetable but this recipe will pleasantly surprise you.
The cake is very easy and fast to make but it will disappear equally fast from your plate :). It’s very delicious and a must-try cake for your family & friends.
This recipe is altered version of a Food Matters Chocolate Beetroot Cake.
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup raw cacao
- 3 medium raw beetroot, peeled and finely chopped in food processor
- 1 1/3 cup ground almonds
- 1 cup full grain spelled flour
- 3 eggs
- cup of coconut blossom sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- Peel the beetroots and pulse in a food processor until it’s finely chopped. Into a pot add coconut oil, coconut blossom sugar, cacao & beetroot on a low heat. Stir it for a couple of minutes until all combined. At the end, you’ll get a smooth chocolate sauce.
- In the bowl mix together the ground almonds, full grain spelt flour and baking powder. Then add the beaten eggs and chocolate/beetroot mixture to the bowl and stir until completely combined. Pour the mix into the baking tray with greaseproof paper and bake it 20 minutes on 180°C or until it’s ready.